Monday, March 8, 2010

National Boards

Well, I just want to say that I have the best co-workers EVER! I enjoy going to work
everyday. Several teachers decided to work on their National Board certification together and I thought that would be a good step for me to take as well. I am very nervous about taking tests but thought it would be a great challenge and I am always up for learning more! I don't really think I knew what I was getting into! WOW! It is a lot of DEEP thinking! But through the journey I did learn about how I teach and reflected on what I needed to do differently. The best thing though was that I wasn't alone. There were others that I could call and ask questions, cry, laugh, or just use their ear to listen to me. They were always there for me! During this process several things happened in my life that were difficult situations but God gave me the strength to keep going on. So, through all of my circumstances I have learned that you might have a lot going on and maybe you feel like you can't do it but I assure you that if you stay positive and set little goals for yourself. You will be able to achieve anything.




Well, let me just tell you that we worked really hard on all of the papers and studying!! We spent so many nights typing, quizing each other on the sun porch, calling each other to make sure we were on the right track, and going to classes to ask questions. I felt like my brain was going to burst. And if the papers and tests weren't hard enough...you should see the packing list. Your papers go in a certain box with special instructions....We had a packing party..just for this occasion. Well, when it was all said and done let me tell you.....we were soooooo relieved....so of course we had to have a party...isn't that what you would do?



So, yes after all of that I DID pass! I'm a National Board Certified Teacher!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

I'm so thankful for ALL of the blessings in my life ~ GOD IS SOOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment